Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fabala24's Blue 2.0 podcast: Photo and Podcasting, Part 3: Photos and Flickr

So far, I've reviewed a YouTube video and posted my very first podcast. I was already familiar with YouTube, so that part was easy. Learning how to use Audacity to record my podcast was a bit challenging, but fun.

I wasn't that enthused about setting up a Flickr account because I already have Photobucket and Shutterfly accounts. Happily, I didn't have to sign up for any additional accounts because it turns out that Flickr is part of Yahoo, and I have a Yahoo account. The set up was easy--you can establish your Flickr presence with minimal information, which I appreciate. It is very easy to upload pictures. One disadvantage is the 5mb size limit for files, but that is very minor. You can make your photos available for the general public, or limit who can view them. You can organize them into 'sets' that include only specific photos.

Flickr can be useful for the libraries too. When we have library events, photos can be posted from the events to Flickr so that anybody can access them from anywhere. If photos are posted to Sharepoint, on the other hand, you have to be logged in to the library server server to view them.

I took some photos during our snowy weekend a couple of weeks ago. You can view these photos, and a few others here.

No comments: