Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Online chat adventures with AIM Express

It turns out I already had an AOL messaging account from several years ago that I hadn't used in a while. Surprisingly (or maybe not so surprising after all) when I went to AIM's home page, my ID was already up! At first I was unable to launch AIM Express until I turned off my pop up blocker. For some reason, adding the AIM Express to the list of allowed pop up sites in my blocker didn't work. I didn't find anyone online at the time, but I did get an invitation to be added to someone's list! I sent out some invites too, and now I have one friend that shows up on my AIM Express. The only thing I don't like is having to remember to turn my pop up blocker off and on. I usually use Yahoo chat, which seems to be simpler to use.

Chatting can be really useful at work, especially for quick questions, or simple issues where you want to clarify things in real time, but don't necessarily have time to schedule a meeting in person. I'll post again when I actually chat on AIM Express.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://web2.ajaxprojects.com/web2/projects/Chat/AIM_Express.php
good submit

Unknown said...

AIM Express review in ajaxlines.com